Who's landing their boats?
This little building overlooking the Middle Slipway dates from about 1720. It was used by the coastguard service as a Watch House until 1799, when it was taken over by the HM Customs to keep an eye on local shipping and, in particular, any smuggling.
After the demise of the shipping traffic it became a private house. It is now much altered from its original form, but remains very much a feature of the Parkgate waterfront.
This location is probably the most photographed historical area in Parkgate, as the fishing activities undertaken here provided inspiration and subjects for generations of photographers and artists over the years.